The St Vincent de Paul Society (affectionately known as Vinnies) is a volunteer-based organisation dedicated to tackling poverty and disadvantage by providing practical support, advocacy and friendship to the most vulnerable within our community.
Supported by dedicated staff, members and volunteers seek to alleviate the immediate requirements of people in need and also identify the causes that lead to spiritual, financial and social hardship, providing a voice for those experiencing disadvantage.
With the generous support of the community, we provide the following services to people in need:
- Crisis accommodation for men, women and children
- Food and fellowship through the Fred’s Van Meal Service
- Home visit program supporting people to access food, clothing and emergency financial assistance
- Support for asylum seekers
- Disaster relief (eg drought and bushfire relief)